In this post we share with you a great recipe for your toddler – cheesy, eggy bread. This is another one of our great toddler breakfast recipes.
If you liked our Sugar Free Banana Bread, then your little one will enjoy this one as well. Toddlers or any age child can be fussy eaters in the morning when you really want to get them out the door. So we have put together a number of what we have called our Best Toddler breakfast recipes which may help you over those hectic mornings. One of the crazy hours of the day!
Why feed our toddler’s something like cheesy, eggy bread?
A good breakfast will help with energy and concentration levels throughout the day and ensure you all feel fuller longer. Good for mummies with tummies, too. But, when the spoons are flying and hungry children are desperate for something to eat it pays to have an action plan. I recently read about this easy way to plan healthy breakfasts. Essentially you just think about including three key things:
- Something filling – carb
- Something lasting – protein
- Something coloured – fruit
New Zealand Healthy Food Guide magazine had an article on how to choose kids’ breakfast cereals looking at the fibre, sodium, sugar and wholegrains. The guidelines they listed that I thought were pretty helpful were as follows:
- Sugars – 15g or less per 100g (without dried fruit) or 25g or less per 100g (with dried fruit)
- Fibre – 5g or more per 100g
- Sodium – 400mg or less per 100g
- Whole grains – look for wholegrains listed as one of the first ingredients.
We really hope you and your toddler enjoy this Toddler Breakfast toast – cheesy, eggy bread. What is your best Toddler Breakfast recipe? Can you share one with us
- 1 slice wholemeal toast
- 1 egg
- 20g grated chedder cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- butter for frying
- Cut wholemeal bread into 6-8 fingers.
- Beat egg and milk together in a wide bowl.
- Soak in egg mixture for 1 minute. Coat in cheese.
- Melt butter in frying pan and fry cheesy eggy fingers on medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and egg cooked through.