This is another recipe from Munch – Seasonal cookbook for baby and family.
This recipe isn’t a traditional fruit salad, it is something you can prepare for little tummies that will be healthy and yummy and could be a main for them or a pudding for the whole family. Yay!
- 1 peach sliced (or use tinned peaches, without the juice)
- 1 nectarine
- 2 small bananas
- ½ cup risotto rice
- 100 gm strawberries (or other summer berry fruit)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup semolina (optional)
- Cook peach, nectarine and bananas in water until soft; you may need to add more water if fruit is not ripe enough.
- Add risotto rice and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then add the berries and semolina if you are using
- Continue to cook until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- This is a great dessert for the whole family or a meal for under-twos.
- Serve warm or cold.
- You will need to stir this as it cooks as the sugars in the fruit could catch on the bottom and burn. It may need additional fluids too as it cooks.