Moning tea muesli muffins recipe
This is a great morning tea recipe of a fantastic way to start the day! This is a delicious muesli muffin recipe by Kathleen Gandy. It has cardamom in which is one of my favourite spices that I’ve been experimenting with in lots of different recipes recently.
I use my muesli when I make these muffins. I shared the recipe with my Munch followers a couple of months back. Make sure the nuts and dried fruit are chopped up in the muesli if you are going to use it in the muffins. You could of course use your own favourite muesli instead.
These muffins freeze really well – I just popped them in the microwave this morning for a couple of minutes to defrost and warm them up.
Freddie ate his with a scrapping of butter and some sliced banana.
Munch Mum Kate Day
- Muesli Muffins
- Makes: 12 muffins
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup muesli
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup soft brown sugar
- 125g melted butter (cooled)
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Combine 1 cup of muesli with 1 cup of buttermilk and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Lightly beat the egg, brown sugar and melted butter into the muesli mixture and stir until just combined.
- In another bowl sift flour, salt (optional), baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ground cardamom. Add to the muesli mixture and gently stir until just combined – don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough and heavy.
- Fold in ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Spoon batter into the muffin tray and bake for 18-20 minutes until a wire cake tester withdraws clean.