The school fair season is quickly approaching for many of us. I have always loved going to school fairs and galas. I love the raffles, the tombola stalls, and, of course the baking. Oh and the white elephant.. and well – I love the lot.
However, since having children though I probably don’t get to enjoy them as much as I once did. Have you tried taking a small child to a school fair or gala? Not soo relaxing is it. In fact these days fairs and galas seem to mean a lot of work and not much fun on the day.
School fairs can require a lot of time and energy for mums and dads. So, to make things a little bit easier – here is a really simply recipe for marinated olives which you could whip up very easily for a school fair donation. The only tricky bit is making sure you sterilise your jars first.
- 450g black olives in brine
- Rind of 1 lemon, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp cardamom seeds
- Olive oil
- Sterilised jars (with lids you can seal)
- Drain and rinse the olives.
- Divide the olives, cardamon and strips of lemon among the sterilised jars.
- Cover with olive oil.
- Seal with a lid, and let these stand at least a few weeks.
These would also make really great Christmas presents. For other easy school fair donation ideas check these out: