I have always wanted to try making my own nut butter, and this peanut, cashew and brazil nut butter has a great flavour and texture. You can personalise this recipe by using your own blend of nuts. This spread will keep for several weeks in a sealed container.
Make your own nut butter
This nut butter can be spread on toast, used in sandwiches or as a dip. A great after school snack, I hope you enjoy experimenting with this wonderful nut butter recipe.
Thanks to our friends at the www.heartfoundation.org.nz for supplying us with this wonderful recipe. The Heart Foundation help people affected by heart disease. It funds research and helps people make healthy living choices. It also runs programmes to encourage Kiwi heart health.
For further information on nuts and inspiring recipe ideas check out: Homemade walnut ravioli or you could make our National nut day walnut pesto, or read Linseed, sunflower and almond (LSA), or Almonds or visit www.alisonspantry.co.nz and www.motherearth.co.nz.
We all know that nuts are nutritious and versatile. For more ideas on how to use nuts read our post on Wonderful ways with walnuts.
Do you have a favourite nut recipe you would like to share with us? We seem to have got a lot of posts on nuts, so I am thinking that we are nuts for nuts.
- 500g Peanuts with skin on
- 320g Cashew pieces
- 220g Brazil nuts
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Spread the peanuts out on a roasting dish.
- Roast peanuts in oven until light brown through to the middle.
- Repeat this process with the cashews.
- Allow the nuts to cool.
- Put all nuts into a food processor and blend on high until it forms a smooth paste
- This may take some time depending on the power of your food processor so be patient.
- Keep in a sealed container.
- This nut butter can be spread on toast, used in sandwiches or as a dip. A great after school snack, I hope you enjoy experimenting with this wonderful nut butter recipe.