Do you find it hard to find inspirations for lunchbox snacks? Why not try these Tahini-snowballs? Well we have a number of new lunchbox snacks happening here at Munch Cooking. Morning times can be so busy and the last thing you want to do is be worrying about not having enough lunchbox snacks for your munchkins lunchbox.
Here is my second recipe in my Freddie’s Food healthy lunchbox snacks series. This recipe makes a tasty ball of super foods mixed together. This is a personal favourite of Freddie’s at the moment and great fun to make together! The cacoa powder is a great source of antioxidants, magnesium and iron. If you haven’t discovered it yet it is delicious as a hot chocolate drink or added to smoothies. The recipe also includes tahini paste which is rich in the calcium our little ones need so much of to make strong bones and teeth.
As this recipe contains nuts I would recommend either leaving them out or substituting them for rice bubbles if your little one doesn’t have all their teeth yet. Plunket does not recommend giving foods containing ground nuts until 8 months.
- ½ cup dried fruit (I used dates but dried apricots would be delicious too!)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup LSA
- ⅓ cup mixed nuts chopped into small chunks or rice bubbles
- ⅓ cup hulled tahini paste
- 3 tbsps cacoa powder
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Place your dried fruit and honey in a saucepan and soften over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Blend the dried fruit and honey to a smooth paste.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the shredded coconut.
- Roll into balls about 1 tbsp in size.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut and place in the fridge to harden.