There are the most delicious late harvest plums in the shops at the moment. They are bursting with flavour and natural sweetness and quite beautiful to look at. I generally just give the kids fruit or yoghurt for dessert but decided I change these into something yummy for the kids to enjoy this evening – a Plum tart. They loved them so I hope your children will too!
I love creating desserts that are free from additives, preservatives and refined sugar especially ones that help them get their 5 a day. So if your kiddies aren’t fruit fans I definitely recommend giving this Plum tart a go.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
This is a great refined sugar -free dessert, quite delicious with natural yoghurt or ice cream. I have served this to both children and adults and it has been a real hit! So quick and easy it’s really a bit of a cheat’s dessert, you can whip it up and have it cooking while you eat your main course. It also works will with figs, apples, pears or other stoned fruits too.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 plums sliced in half
- 4 tsp no added sugar jam (I used strawberry)
- 3-4 tsp slivered almonds
- Cut the pastry into 4 equal squares
- Spread a tsp of jam on each leaving about 1 ½ cm boarder.
- Arrange the plum halves – 3 on each on top of the pastry.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 ‘C until puffed up and golden.