Wow – we have just launched the Munch Awards 2014, and we are very excited. In this post we examine the Munch Awards 2013, and what they were about. We also look at what the award categories were in 2013 and what the timeline is for the 2014 Awards.
We are about to launch the 2014 Munch Awards. Yes, we are very excited about this. Hurray! I thought it was a good time to have a look back at the Munch Awards 2013 and remind ourselves what the Munch Awards are all about.
The Munch Awards aim to raise awareness of the following:
- What foods are good and bad for our kids
- The techniques that advertisers use to promote unhealthy food to our kids
- To recognise the advertisements that promotes healthy food to children in a fun and appealing way
- What kitchen products are good for our kids
- The best of what parents have to say about kids food
- To identify a supreme award winner
We think that the Munch Awards give people a chance to have their say about the food industry in relation to our kids. They give New Zealand parents a public voice in the fight against unhealthy food and drink promotions which directly target kids, which undermine parents’ influence. It also highlights those companies that are making and promoting