It is Playcentre Awareness week this week. Te wiki whakanui i te Playcentre 2015, Playcentre Awareness Week, 2015. Mā te Katanga Pai – Good, Clean Fun. It runs from Sunday 1st – Sat 7th March 2015. In this post we show you how you can have some good, clean fun with a cloud foam. This cloud foam recipe is from Recipes for Messy Play by Cathy Sheppard.
What is Playcentre?
Playcentre is an internationally recognised Early Childhood organisation unique to Aotearoa New Zealand. It began as a parent co-operative during the 1940s to support families and promote new developments in early childhood education.
The New Zealand Playcentre Federation formed as a national organisation in 1948 by providing parent education, equipment and facilities for quality parent led ECE. It has continued to meet the changing needs of families and their communities since then. Today there are over 500 Playcentres affiliated to the New Zealand Playcentre Federation.
Playcentre is an early childhood education service, run as a parent co-operative, which commits to the following in order to ensure the quality of early childhood education in each session:
- learning through play
- birth to school age
- mixed age sessions
- family involvement
Want more information? Then visit their site www.playcentre.org.nz which provides detailed information about all the playcentres around New Zealand including where they are, when they operate, how to join. It also has details regarding the federation’s history, charter, and FAQs.
To find a Playcentre near you:
- Details of all the local playcentres and their contact information is available on the website www.playcentre.org.nz
- Ring the Federation Secretary on 0800 PLAYNZ or 07 825 4557
- E-mail email@example.com
Want to have some good, clean fun with cloud foam?
We recently shared a review by Lydia from Always Made with Love of the fantastic Playcentre publication Recipes for Messy Play. Today we are offering you one of the excellent and very easy recipes for play, cloud foam. You can make this today.
Do you do Messy Play with your children? What are some of your favourite activities for Messy Play?
Mummy to three small boys who love messy play
- 2 tbsp of Dishwashing liquid (ecostore dishwashing liquid has no nasty ingredients)
- ¼ cup water
- An electric mixer
- Food colouring
- In a bowl, add dishwashing liquid and water. Add food colouring to the mix if desired.
- Mix on the highest possible setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Your foam should be able to form stiff peaks that hold their shape.
- Scoop it out into your container and repeat as necessary until you have the desired amount of foam!