Baked potatoes are definitely a hot-potato favourite in our house at the moment. So I thought I would share with you a recipe for our worlds best baked potatoes.
Potatoes are a great thing to be eating regularly. One medium potato gives you about 50 per cent of your daily vitamin C requirements. A lot of the nutrients of potatoes are in the skin so baked potatoes are a great way to eat them.
Worlds best baked potatoes
Here are mine ready to bake. You can freeze them like this, so why not double or triple the recipe and save yourself some time next time you are in the kitchen?
Once you know how to make these you can vary the recipe to take whatever is in your fridge. Why not mix through some leftover meat sauce or pasta sauce? Or make them more adult friendly with some extra seasoning such as a hot sauce, spring onions, chillies or capers?
Here they are all hot, cheesy and yummy straight from the oven.
Want to enjoy some potato recipes, why not check out:
Send leftovers to school in our bento lunchboxes:[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”munch-nz.myshopify.com” product_handle=”munch-collapsable-lunchboxes” show=”all”]
Mummy to three small potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100g tasty cheddar, grated, plus extra for topping
- 100g sweetcorn
- 100g chopped ham, or cooked and finely chopped bacon (or substitute diced capsicum)
- Finely chopped fresh herbs eg parsley, basil, thyme optional
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and bake the potatoes for about 1 hr until cooked and the skins are crispy. Leave to cool completely. You can do this the day before.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half. Carefully scoop out the middle of the potato, leaving the skin unbroken. Place the scooped out potato into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the potato until there are no lumps. Add the cheese, sweetcorn, bacon and herbs if you are using them and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato shells. Make sure that you use all the mixture up. Sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 mins or until they are golden on top and hot through.