I totally adore my SodaStream, but I do love fizzy water. It has been used to create all manner of drinks since we got it. Having one as an adult takes me back to the fun of being a kid and the excitement of making our own fizzy drinks. Gosh life was giddy back then.
Anyway, since then SodaStreams have changed in look, but the product is still its old awesome fizzy self. What’s more for me it gets me to drink extra water and a great benefit is that you can simply reuse the bottles and turn good old tap water into a carbonated treat. Less plastic waste and less cost.
I don’t really let the kids make sugary drinks with it, fortunately two out of three of them aren’t into fizzy drinks anyway. The other is more into the magic of creating and transforming and not so much into the drinking it. Phew! So at our house the SodaStream is more about me and my needs (yes, can you believe it).
So I thought I would share some recipes that other mums my like to use their SodaStreams for. In fact since its nearly Mothers Day I have gone crazy and given you two ideas of what you can get up to with yours!
First is a lovely recipe for a homemade facial, the other is a recipe for a feijoa daiquiri to imbibe during the luxuriating facial mask.
Feijoa daiquiri and facial – Mothers Day treats
Your plan off attack should be this:
- Send children and partner out for the afternoon. Fein a migraine if you have too.
- Make your feijoa daiquiri(s) and keep it chilled.
- Concoct the facial masks and put it on your lovely face.
- While the mask is on enjoy the feijoa daiquiri at leisure. Listen to music. Or listen to the peace and quite. Whatever suits you.
- Maybe you might need to have two of them?
Rejuvenating facial mask
Using fizzy water for a facial is an emerging global skincare trend!
- 1 litre of fizzed SodaStream water
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of honey
It is simply to concoct. Add the yoghurt and oatmeal into a bowl and mix together. Add honey into the mixture and stir until combined.
Pour fizzed water into a bowl and soak a face cloth in the water. Cleanse face and neck thoroughly.
Apply the mask to face with a clean tool like a small brush or spoon. Leave this mask on for for 10-20 minutes. Listen to soft music and sip your daiquiri and enjoy.
Wash off with warm water.
I have a bright yellow SodaStream Play, but it also available in red, blue, yellow, black and white, from Farmers, Briscoes, Noel Leeming, The Warehouse and other stockists of SodaStream, RRP $139.99.
Mummy to three small boys
- 1 litre fizzy water
- 1 cup feijoa pulp (about 3-5 feijoas)
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- Crushed ice
- 30ml of your favourite vodka
- 30ml Bacardi
- 1 lime or lemon (juice and zest)
- Extra mint to garnish
- Add ice, feijoa, lime or lemon zest and mint to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fizz SodaStream water and set aside.
- Spoon blended mixture into two glasses and top with a squeeze of lime.
- Add vodka and Bacardi to the mixture and top with your favourite fizzy water.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry or other seasonal fruit and mint to serve.