Muffins are pretty much a standby lunchbox or afternoon tea treat for many families. But what about when you cant eat gluten? The New Mum’s Nutritionist, Julie Bhosale has the answer with her Gluten-free apple and cinnamon muffins. These muffins use super good for you almonds. We have a selection of Gluten-free recipes here at Munch including gluten free banana pancakes or, flourless peanut butter banana cookies or these gluten free zuchini fritters – breakfast. Here is our latest favourite recipe…. gluten-free apple and cinnamon muffins. Nom, nom….
Julie Bhosale’s gluten-free apple and cinnamon muffins
Home-made muffins are a great healthy option for mums and children alike, they can be easily made in advance and frozen so that if you are in need of a fast snack you can either pop in the microwave for 10 seconds or take out in the morning and put in your lunch bag for later on. These muffins are super-fast and include basic ingredients, use fruit as a natural sweetener and are gluten-free!
You can also make smaller ones in our Munch Food Trays.[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”munch-nz.myshopify.com” product_handle=”munch-baby-feeding-tray” show=”all”]
Mummy to three small boys
- 2 cups ground almonds (or almond meal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 apple grated (keep juice)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground almonds, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, and oil/ghee. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Add grated apples, including juice and walnuts, and mix together.
- Divide the batter in muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until muffins are golden brown. Yummy!!