Breakfast is definitely one of my favourite meals and an important meal for everyone. It is always a busy time at breakfast in our house, so its great to have something that everyone likes to eat, that is also healthy. Nothing can beat good old Weet-Bix and it is definitely the breakfast of choice for our kids. Sometimes it’s good to change-up the breakfast routine though to add a bit of variety to our diet. The Weet-Bix Better Breakfast Programme, spearheaded by my favourite Celebrity chef (and author of The Food Truck Cookbooks) Michael Van der Elzen, offers some great ways to make-over your Weet-Bix routine. Here is one of his great recipes, Seeded Weet-Bix Granola.
Home-made Seeded Weet-Bix Granola
This recipe is a great spin on granola: a Seeded Weet-Bix granola. It is a great combination of things we really think are great to eat like: pumpkin and sesame seeds, oats and of course Weet-Bix.
Eating a bowl of muesli, oats or granola will provide you with at least 25% of the fibre you need each day. Oats are a good source of protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre, and may support heart health.
For more great Weet-Bix recipes, check out the Weet-Bix Better Breakfast Programme.
Mummy to three Weet-Bix Fans!
- 3 Weet-Bix
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- ½ cup apple puree
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- Crush the Weet-Bix into a bowl and add the oats, seeds, cinnamon, and raisins. Lastly mix in the honey and apple puree.
- Stir the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Spread evenly onto an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove tray from oven and stir, place back into oven and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.