In this post we share a yummy lunchbox recipe, that is very easy to make. These Muesli Crackles are from the Munch Lunchbox cookbook. This recipe could easily be dairy free if you were to use a dairy free chocolate. These are also great to make with the kids in the school holidays or after school.[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”munch-nz.myshopify.com” product_handle=”munch-lunchbox-cookbook” show=”all”]
The Munch Lunchbox cookbook will help you with the lunchboxes for your kids every day. Written by the Munch team – Anna Bordignon and Michelle Kitney, it’s all about easy, healthy, cost-effective ideas with a focus on natural ingredients. There are tips on how to have school lunches looking and tasting great even after knocking about in a school bag for a few hours! And it contains information on litter-less lunches. Symbols quickly give key recipe information – is the recipe gluten-free, no cook, does it contain dairy, nuts or eggs, can you freeze it?
Munch Lunchbox Muesli crackles
These Lunchbox Muesli crackles are a good way to use up muesli or cereals that you want to finish up. Creating a lunchbox snack that is both sustaining and tempting for your little ones. What better?
What are your best lunchbox recipes? What do your kids like to eat for lunch?
Mummy to three small boys
- 100g dark chocolate
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- 100g of a crunchy cereal of your choice
- 30 gm dessicated coconut
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a microwave-proof bowl with the coconut cream. Gently heat in the microwave on a medium heat, using short bursts (30 seconds at a time), stirring between each (don’t let the mixture get too hot otherwise the chocolate will burn or seize). This should only take a minute or two.
- Stir well until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cereal and coconut and stir until well coated in chocolate.
- Place spoonfuls into paper cupcake cases then refrigerate until ready to serve, or pack in a lunchbox.