The best chocolate cake? This chocolate cake recipe is easy to make, versatile and economical, with a rich chocolate flavour.
The best chocolate cake and other great lunchbox recipes
This simply the best chocolate cake freezes well. It makes quite a good size cake so I often syphon some batter off and make some lunch box muffins. Sometimes I make into a batch of chocolate cupcakes instead of a cake.
Many of the recipes featured on blog.munchcupboard.com are perfect for filling Lunchboxes. Here is a quick snapshot of some of our great recipes:
- Little carrot cakes
- Seedy oaty biscuits
- Sugar free banana bread
- Sugar free banana oat biscuits
- Gluten free chocolate banana muffins
- Pork and pear meatballs
- Salmon fish cakes
We are always adding more lunchbox recipes so be sure to bookmark our https://blog.munchcupboard.com/lunchboxes/ page for easy access to our great source of lunchbox inspiration.
- 300g flour
- half cup cocoa
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t baking soda
- In another bowl combine:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup water
- 1 T white vinegar (I have often used malt)
- half cup light vegetable oil
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl
- Whisk the wet ingredients
- add wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Break up any lumps.
- Pour into a greased 22 cm springform cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven just under 150 degrees celsius for 1 hr 15 mins.
- Adjust the cooking time for muffins/cupcakes.