Hi, my name is Lizzie Wall and I am a mother of 2 energetic boys, wife and best friend to my prince charming. I blog over at ; curating a gorgeous site of fabulous toys, kids interiors, toy reviews and more. I also work as a Virtual Assistant helping small businesses out with social media and website help.
I love to weave, bake, create, play and paint with my boys! In October 2016, I added market event organizer to this list with the new family market, Bazaar Kids Gifts and Toys which is held in my local area on the gorgeous Northern Beaches of Sydney. It is all about supporting small businesses and creating a creative day filled with fun for families and kids!
Read what Lizze thought of our Munch Lunchbox Cookbook: “One awesome aspect of the cookbook which I love is that the recipes are easy and you will have almost all the ingredients in your cupboard. Another thing I love is that almost all the recipes are good to freeze so for instance, I froze half a dozen of these muffins and I have been popping them in the boys lunches this week AND they have been eating them!”
This is my Morrocan inspired carrot and lentil soup recipe.
- Moroccan inspired carrot lentil soup
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 400g carrots, washed and coarsely chopped into small chunks
- 200g peeled potatoes, washed and coarsely chopped into small chunks
- 130g red lentils,
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, dry fry the cumin seeds for about 1 minute. Remove from
- the pan.
- Add the oil and chopped onion, garlic, ground ginger & coriander and sauté
- until translucent
- Add dry fried cumin seeds, carrots, potatoes, stock & lentils and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 mins or until the lentils have softened.
- Using a hand held blender, whizz the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt if you wish.