If you are going to spend time and energy creating healthy lunch boxes for your kids, you want them to come home empty! So how about trying our Sugar free banana cookies? Parents will love it as there is no processed sugar in the recipe.
Sugar free banana cookies
These cookies are healthy, but still really yummy.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups rolled oats (I use a mixture of Harraways traditional oats and Uncle Toby’s rolled oats)
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C
- Combine the softened butter, egg, mashed bananas and vanilla paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the banana mixture.
- Fold in the oats, chopped dates, coconut and honey.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and arrange the mixture in balls about a tablespoon in size on the tray. Gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.