If you’re cooking pumpkin for dinner, simply make a little extra and you can make these Pumpkin chocolate brownies . . . Healthy and yum! My kids absolutely love them. No one has asked to date what they are made out of, but I think by now my kids know that I hide all sorts of healthy ingredients in my baking!! All that really matters to them is that they taste yum. These Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies are another great snack for the lunchbox. They fit perfectly in our Munch Bento boxes which are one of our best sellers.
This recipe is another one of those easy ones arranged around wet and dry ingredients. First you mix the wet ingredients together into one bowl and mix well before you add all the dry ingredients . . . viola, you are ready to bake. Only 15 minute prep time and 45 minute back. Also cuts into around 20 Pumpkin chocolate brownies.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake tin or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, and vanilla essence together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin and use a spatula to spread out evenly. Bake for 40–45 minutes.